Monday

Janvier

January is my brother's birthday month. He will be pleased to know there will be movie versions of his fave comic books coming out soon. But then again, he might be just as dismayed.

I saw the movie trailer for 300, man! I forgot they were filming that. I saw the helmets and the red capes and I was like, "Hey! That's 300!". It's a Warner Bros. movie lah, the folks who brought you Batman and all the forgettable sequels. It looks promising. Fingers crossed. Ada the very yummeh Faramir hee.


And then, the very next day I saw this trailer of Nicholas Cage in black leather, his head turning into a skull and he was throwing fireballs everywhere. I was like, why does this look so familiar? Then they showed us that it was Ghost Rider. Aiyoh. Nicholas Cage lah. Not very exciting, is it? Wait for it to come out on HBO or something. I don't think that's going to be worth your 9 bucks. Ada Eva Mendez though.

I haven't been to the movies in a long time. The last movie I saw was Harry Potter 4. There aren't any worth leaving Aliff for anyway. I want to see Babel, more for Cate Blanchett than Brad Pitt, but I guess I can wait for it to come out on DVD. But I do think Pan's Labyrinth would be good on the big screen. Right now, it's Blue's Clues all the time on my TV. I watched one episode over and over and over again I can memorize all the lines. I prefer Steve to Joe, I think he's a lot funnier.

Oh speaking of birthdays, I got this calendar from my favorite bookstore that tells me the birthdays of all the writers and other famous people out there. Today is the birthday of Moliere and Martin Luther King, Jr. My brother shares a birthday with Patricia Highsmith, Alexander Woollcott and Edgar Allan Poe. Highsmith writes crime novels, Woollcott was a critic for the New Yorker and we all know Poe. I think my brother is most like Poe. He's got a morbid sense of humor sometimes. I don't think he's pining for any dead ex-girlfriends, though.

Tell me your birthday and I can tell you who you share it with. But you probably can google that yourself.

6 people wrote:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your wishes. Heh. My bones and body constantly reminds me of my age by the way. But thank you anyway.

Yayyyy!!! Another Miller movie!

And by the looks of the production art and Ink to Film page at the website. It looks good. It looks daaaammnn good. Even the colours looks like what Varley would use. Yayyyy!!! Hopefully the intensity of reading the part where we see a close-up of two blue eyes staring out of the Spartan helmet saying "Persians! Come and get it.." will be translated onto the screen as well.

The battle between the 300 Spartans and the Immortals would be epic I think.

Do check out the website and look at the Making of 300. Excellent excellent stuff.

Robert Rodriguez who?

And although I do not follow much about Johnny Blaze, I do like his internal struggle though. The whole scenario of mortal-redemption-via-saving-others has been done anyway so I do not know if Ghost Rider would actually work nowadays. But, Ghost Rider do have some evil in it, so there is a slight twist to the whole idea anyway. He could be evil. SO that is something I hope they would include. Ooo..and I always think the flaming skull thing is cool. (I wanted to say err..sexy, but Nicholas Cage and sexy does not go well together)

Pan's Labyrinth is the Moldova one ah? I saw the snippet for the Golden Globe yesterday, macam best ajer.

And yes, Steve is better than Joe. Steve looks like he is enjoying it. Joe looks like he wants to be somewhere else.

C'mon and sing with me..."When you find the first clue, you know what you gotta do..coz it's Blues Clues..Blues Clues"

Hahah...

Anonymous said...

Cool! My birthdate is 25th March. I share the same birthday with ELton John, Wan Zaleha Radzi, Cathy Dennis... poo.

Anonymous said...

Nate, March 25th is also the birthday of Flannery O'Connor and Arturo Toscanini. Poo no more.

Yeah 300 is looking good. I think Rodriguez is still looking for the Dame in A Dame to Kill For (forgot her name already. Eva?). There were rumours that it would be Angelina Jolie but now it might Rachel Weisz. Hmmmm...

Happy Birthday!

MDR said...

March 13th, tell me..malas la nak google :D

Anonymous said...

January 13th siapa?

Anonymous said...

March 13: Hugh Walpole(?) I also don't know who this is.

January 13 (happy belated birthday!): Horatio Alger. Eh? Semua tak kenal lah. Sorry.

Nobody interesting was born on my birthday either. Except ME of course.