Self-Titled
It's here! The new album is here!
Actually, I think it arrived last week but since I check my mailbox like once a week, I've only just got it last Saturday. But it's here!!
I've only listened to it once, on my iPod, while cooking because that's the only time I get to tune everything out.
I don't get why everyone says it hearkens back to their Ten and Vs days. Yes, it's a lot more rock than experimental but I don't think it's anything like Ten or Vs at all. People always expect Pearl Jam to spit out another Ten or another Vs but really, they're growing, they're older, they want to try something different, something new, so of course it won't sound just like Ten or Vs.
Based on only one sitting, my first impression is it sounds kinda eighties rock with the keyboards and all. Like Talking Heads or something. One song is almost like one of them arena rock songs - anthemic, you know what I mean? I like Parachutes and Gone. Unemployable is fun. Come Back I can sing in the shower.
Man. Their concert would be so awesome.
0 people wrote:
Post a Comment