Step Aside, Will You Please
...while I crawl from under this rock.
People, my life is just not as interesting as others. I haven't been called fat by some old dude (who knows very well, because he's old, that he can get away with such a rude, callous and offhanded remark. Aaahh..when I'm super old and a bona-fide mokcik, I want to be just like that - just to see what kind of stuff I can get away with. And you youngsters can't say a word to me, not a word! Because I'm old! And you have to respect your elders! No matter how rude and nosy we are! So just smile and nod while I tch-tch my way into your slow reproductive system and how lazy you are in keeping your husbands happy and sexually active!)
I haven't been cooking and bus-monitoring. Although I did try my sister's bubur recipe, with my killer pedas chicken with dried chilli. Thanks! Very good on cold nights.
I don't have stories about a five-year old's explanation on why it rains. Still, it's adorable nonetheless.
Nor am I in the midst of a theological/existential crisis. Nope, things are pretty banal around here.
That is why the most interesting thing I can post today is an introduction to the hottest guy on TV at the mo'.
Meet Dr McDreamy.
Aaah, Patrick Dempsey. Finally, after years and years of Lifetime movies and that movie where you proposed to Reese Witherspoon in Tiffany's, you've hit the big lottery with your crinkled smile and witty charm as Dr. Shepherd in ABC's Grey's Anatomy. Helllooooo, doctah!
Grey's Anatomy is supposedly set in Seattle. They shoot in LA of course, but the cast and crew were in town recently for some outdoor shots. The local news channel here showed them filming on the ferry, on some balcony with the Space Needle in the background, bla bla. They interviewed some ladies who were in the ferry with our good doctor and one lady gushed, "Ohh, he's delicious!" before realizing in dismay, "my husband's going to see this, isn't he?"
It's an okay showlah..I doubt doctors are really so juvenile and angst-ridden, it's like watching Dawson's Creek or BH90210, except they have medical degrees and can legally get drunk, and have to perform surgeries now and then. If you want real medical drama you're better off with ER, although it's gotten pretty boring lately, (but Dr. Kovac is still gorgeous as ever) or House (it's predictable, every week it's always "the patient doesn't have cancer/lymphoma/some other disease, but he's exhibiting 2 out of 5 of the usual symptoms plus he's hallucinating killer monster bees - what's wrong with him?" but the awesome Hugh Laurie makes it a fun ride. Hollywood should import more British actors to be on American TV, even if the writing is bad, at least we get stellar acting.)
Grey's Anatomy is like the soaps Dr. House likes to watch: doctors sleeping with other doctors, this one has a secret crush on that other one, that doctor is really married although his wife cheated on him first so the writers try to convince us it's perfectly ok for him to sleep with another woman without getting a divorce first, please sympathize, he's cute and charming and has adorable wrinkles around his eyes! I tolerate it because of Patrick Dempsey, and because I've always liked Sandra Oh. Ellen Pompeo and Isaiah Washington make the show worthy too, sometimes. But it's mostly because of Patrick Dempsey. And so I can shout "Seattle!" whenever they give us some more establishing shots in case we forget the show's not set in LA.
So that's my update this time. If I think of anything else just as insipid to share with you, I'll let you know.
0 people wrote:
Post a Comment