Only Tears To Dwell Upon*
Idaman wrote a prequel to my September 16th piece. It would have to be an extraodinary 17 year old girl indeed to have a 30 year old man fall in love with her. But that story belongs to Idaman and Idaman alone. Nonetheless, thank you. The fact that my small piece could make you write that, is...it amazes me. There are no words, girl. So thank you. Here's to a continuing mutual respect and admiration.
I'm always surprised at how people react to what I write. Sometimes, the stuff that I do saja mengada-ngada gets the most reaction from people. But I think I know why this particular one seem to resonate. It's because, like someone said (hi, jebondz!), it probably happened to everyone. And they can relate.
I guess most people have that one person who got away. The one you connected with on all levels but for a strange twist of fate, bad timing, wrong place, wrong culture, whatever, you couldn't be together. And for the rest of your life, this person becomes the one you pin all your what-ifs and should-haves to. And on rainy days or a quiet lull in the afternoon, you can't help but wonder what your life would be like if things had worked out.
*Dear Friends by Queen. Words & music: Brian May. Sheer Heart Attack,1974. *
0 people wrote:
Post a Comment